Eligibility: Any individual at the University of Michigan who holds a Primary Faculty appointment as Librarian, Archivist, or Curator, with no more than eight years’ practice in his or her profession.
Award: The recipient will be awarded $1,000 to commemorate the honor to be conferred at the annual Faculty Awards occasion.
Selection Criteria: Active and innovative early career achievement in library, archival or curatorial services. This may include developing specialized services for faculty and students, improving access to information, or efficiently managing library and archival resources (staff, space, funding, collections).
Nomination Guidelines: Include in the nomination packet:
- A statement of the nominee’s achievements in library, archival or curatorial activities.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Letters of support from internal (U-M Library) and
- Letters of support external sources (U-M Campus; excluding U-M Library.)
- NOTE: No fewer than 3 letters of support should be from external sources.
Deadline: All nomination material should be submitted to email@example.com by May 1, 2017
Announcement of Award: The recipient of the University Librarian Achievement Award will be announced in early fall in coordination with the annual Faculty Awards occasion. For more information, contact the Faculty Senate Office.
Past University Librarian Recognition Award Recipients
|2013||Jamie Lausch Vander Broek|