University Librarian Achievement Award
Eligibility: Any individual at the University of Michigan who holds a Primary Faculty appointment as Librarian, Archivist, or Curator.
Award: The recipient will be awarded $1,500 to commemorate the honor to be conferred at the annual Faculty Awards occasion.
Selection Criteria: Exceptional distinction reflected in active and innovative career achievements in library, archival or curatorial services. This may include:
- Developing specialized services for faculty and students, improving access to information,
- Efficiently managing the library and archival resources (staff, space, funding, collections) or
- Other activities reflecting a commitment to these professions.
Please send nomination materials to the facultysenateoffice@
- A statement of the nominee’s achievements in library, archival or curatorial activities. (Required)
- A current curriculum vitae. (Required)
- Letters of support from internal (U-M Library) (Required)
- Letters of support from external sources (excluding U-M Library.)(Required) NOTE: No fewer than 3 letters of support should be from external sources.
Note: Nominations that are not selected will be eligible for three years.
Pamela MacKintosh - 2019 Recipient
MacKintosh joined the U-M Library in 1991 and held a variety of roles over the years, including managing reserves services, coordinating reference services, and building undergraduate collections. She also mentored several generations of future librarians studying at the School of Information.
Previous University Librarian Achievement Award Receipients
2018 — Philip A. Hallman, University Library, Arts and Humanities
2017 — Marisa Conte, University Library, Health Sciences
2016 — Robert Fraser, UM-Dearborn, Mardigian Library.
2015 — Jane Blumenthal, Taubman Health Sciences Library
2014 — Peggie Daub, University Library
2013 — Laurie A. Alexander, Associate University Librarian for Learning and Teaching
2012 — Nerea Llamas, Library Research – International Studies
2011 — Scott Dennis, Library Research – Arts and Humanities
2010 — Doreen Bradley, LSA -University Library and Adjunct Lecturer in Curriculum Support
2009 — Timothy Richards, UM Dearborn, Mardigian Library
2008 — Traianos Gagos, University Library
2007 — Grace York, University Library
2005 — Rebecca Dunkle, University Library
2004 — Barbara MacAdam, University Library
2003 — Jean Loup, University Library