At its May 18, 2020, meeting, SACUA approved a Resolution to Affirm Faculty Input Received Concerning Pay Suspension and Bylaw 5.09. SACUA recognized in its Resolution that the consensus of faculty feedback received from all three campuses through several town halls does not support the current language in the suspension of the pay process section of the proposed revisions of Bylaw 5.09. SACUA expressed concern about the imprecision of the language defining “job abandonment,” the possibility that the process can be initiated prior to an indictment, and the fact that the two processes will be running simultaneously. The Board of Regents will vote on revisions to Bylaw 5.09 at its May 21, 2020 meeting.
- Faculty Supports SACUA Statement Condemning Recent Statements by Regent Weiser April 1, 2021
- Video Link Available: 30th Anniversary DMN Academic and Intellectual Freedom Lecture March 3, 2021
- SACUA Response to Political Violence January 12, 2021
- Faculty Senate Meeting Votes and Sentiment Ballots: The Results Are In September 18, 2020
- 9-16-20 Faculty Senate Meeting September 17, 2020