Faculty Senate hosted a virtual Town Hall on July 8 attended by President Mark Schlissel and Interim Provost Susan Collins. Over six hundred faculty members joined the meeting to hear remarks from the president and interim provost, and to listen to responses to questions submitted by faculty concerning fall planning. Immediately following the Town Hall, over one hundred faculty members participated in breakout groups moderated by SACUA and members of Senate Assembly to provide input and to discuss their questions and concerns with each other. All faculty input and questions received have been shared with the president’s and provost’s offices. To read more about this event, see the articles published in The University Record, and in the Michigan Daily. A summary of feedback received from the Town Hall breakout groups is available here.
- Faculty Supports SACUA Statement Condemning Recent Statements by Regent Weiser April 1, 2021
- Video Link Available: 30th Anniversary DMN Academic and Intellectual Freedom Lecture March 3, 2021
- SACUA Response to Political Violence January 12, 2021
- Faculty Senate Meeting Votes and Sentiment Ballots: The Results Are In September 18, 2020
- 9-16-20 Faculty Senate Meeting September 17, 2020